lunes, 30 de marzo de 2009

Socialitis

For one of the first times in my life I am a little behind on my homework, well I tend to wait til the last minute but it has always been a procrastination problem. Since I've gotten home from my mission I have contracted a bug I call socialitis. The symptoms are pretty much full blown now. It did take some time for them to progress to where they are.

The symptoms of this disease include delaying homework for social activities. You might decide to wait to do your homework and go to a basketball game instead (or any other activity). Other symptoms include being distracted very easily while trying to study. This especially includes starting and joining conversations and not being able to stop talking. This symptom especially rears its head while in the Institute lounge. Other distractions may be at home, such as television and animals.

I have never truly had this problem until recently. I have discovered that it is a hard disease to beat and can in many ways is tempting to keep. Hopefully it won't cause too many problems.

4 comentarios:

Becky dijo...

Your social is inflamed? That is no good. Just as the term senioritis bothers me, this does too. Socialosis would be much more accurate. That would make it social disease, instead of inflammation of the social. Just saying.

Melinda dijo...

Oh Becky... (sigh)

Hey Tim, I think "senioritis" or I guess Becky would say seniorosis, would be your problem. Last semester of school! It just isn't the same as the first couple of years - the motivation just isn't the same. Do your homework, but HAVE FUN TOO. The social stuff is different when you are done. There are less options, so get it in now.

Nicholle dijo...

I think it's called "college student".

Mariah dijo...

http://shenamer.blogspot.com/2008/05/socialitis-serious-affliction.html

Check out my blog on socialitis:)